Belair Road Streetscape from Cook Avenue to LaSalle Avenue
The Belair Road Streetscape from Cook Avenue to LaSalle Avenue is part of the Baltimore City, Department of Transportation’s (DOT) efforts to revitalize and improve safety along the Belair Road corridor by improving pedestrian safety, and transit connectivity, and streetscape aesthetics. Improvements within this specific project include:
- Roadway resurfacing.
- Traffic calming curb extensions and striped bump-outs.
- Full signal replacement at Belair Road and Frankford Avenue
- Installation of stamped crosswalks at the Belair Road and Frankford Avenue intersection for enhanced visibility.
- Upgrade non-compliant driveways, sidewalks, and sidewalk ramps to ensure ADA compliance.
- 7 new pedestrian lights.
- 14 New trees and landscaping features.
- Street amenities Benches, Trash cans.
- Construction Start – February 2020
- Complete Construction – February 2021
COMMUNITY LIAISON CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jeffrey Fleming, Northeast Liaison Officer
443. 984. 4095