Greenmount Streetscape from 29th Street to 43rd Street
The Greenmount Avenue Streetscape project corridor is 1.25 miles long and runs from 29th Street to 43rd Street. The project is part of Baltimore City, Department of Transportation’s efforts to promote pedestrian use, improve pedestrian safety, and improve the overall aesthetic of the Greenmount Avenue Corridor. Improvements specific to this project include:
- Roadway Resurfacing, replace damaged sidewalks and curbs, upgrade non-compliant driveways, sidewalks, and sidewalk ramps to ensure ADA compliance, upgrade all existing street and pedestrian lighting to LED fixtures, Add 5 new pedestrian lights between 29th Street and 30th Street, Provide new streetscape amenities such as benches, trash receptacles, signs, E-Z park machines, Install new bus pad at 29th Street and repair bus pads at 36th Street and 39th Street.
- Traffic calming street corner bump-outs at: 30th Street (West Side), Old York Road, 32nd Street, Calvin Ave, 35th Street, Underwood Road
- Replacement of traffic signals and pedestrian signals at: 29th Street (Full Signal Replacement), Firehouse (Full Signal Replacement), 32nd Street (Full Signal Replacement), 33rd Street (Full Signal Replacement), 39th Street (Pedestrian Signal Upgrades).
- Installation of decorative inlaid crosswalks for enhanced visibility at: 29th Street, Old York Road, 32nd Street, 33rd Street, 36th Street, 39th Street, Rose Hill Terrace.
- Streetscape and landscape features: 134 new street trees
- Install 5’-wide band of brick pavers in commercial area (29th Street to 35th Street)
- Intermittent tree boxes in the commercial area (29th Street to 35th Street)
- 4’-wide grass buffers along the northbound side in the residential area with trees every 30 to 40 feet within the grass buffer (36th Street to 43rd Street)
Construction Schedule: November 2020 to September 2022 (Phase 2 and Phase 3 schedule may change based on Progress of Conduit and DPW Watermain Projects)
- Phase 1: 29th Street to 35th Street
- November 2020 to August 2021
- Phase 2: 35th Street to 39th Street
- April 2022 to September 2022
- Phase 3: 39th Street to 43rd Street
- August 2021 to April 2022
- Landscaping, Milling, and Paving
- September 2022 to November 2022
- 33rd street median work limited due to bike lane proposal, cross walk added to 35th street, 43rd street median eliminated.
- MOT: Parking lane closure during sidewalk work starting at 29th
Community Liaison Contact Information:
Northeast Liaison Officer
443. 984. 4095