SHARP-LEADENHALL STREETSCAPE IMPROVEMENTS
The Sharp Leadenhall Streetscape is bounded by W. Cross Street, W. Ostend Street, Leadenhall Street and Race Street located in the South Baltimore neighborhood of Sharp Leadenhall. This project will improve pedestrian safety and mobility and provide streetscape improvements to assist the retention and attraction of residents and commercial businesses within the area. This project is adjacent to the current and future Stadium Square development. Improvements within this specific project include:
- Sidewalk reconstruction with brick band buffer
- Upgrade non-compliant driveways, sidewalks, and sidewalk ramps to ensure ADA compliance
- Curb and gutter reconstruction
- New trees and landscaping improvements
- Replacing substandard street light poles
- Installation of pedestrian lighting
- Minor drainage improvements
General Proposed Features:
- To provide a safer pedestrian movement, the sidewalk will be reconstructed to conform to ADA requirements. Portions of sidewalk will include brick band buffer. Curb and gutters will be reconstructed throughout project limits. Street lighting upgrades and installation of pedestrian lighting throughout the project. Minor drainage improvements.
- The project includes a landscaping improvements and new trees. There will be a minimal increase in the permeable surface area.
- Public meeting held at 95% Design Stage on March 13, 2018
- One of the main goals of the project is to provide improved pedestrian safety and mobility.
- The project will be designed to provide for ADA pedestrian access throughout the limits of the project.
- Grishae Blackette (Southeast Liaison Officer)
- Email: [email protected]
- 443. 984. 4095
- Design NTP – 9/20/17
- Design Phase – September 2017 – Spring 2021
- Advertise – Spring 2021
- Bid Award – Summer 2021
- Construction (Anticipated) – Fall 2021 – Fall 2022