Traffic Modifications and Commercial Vehicle Restrictions for Baltimore’s New Year’s Eve Spectacular at the Inner Harbor
Thursday Dec 28th, 2017
Temporary commercial vehicle restrictions will be in effect from 12:00noon on December 31, 2017 until 4:00 a.m. on January 1, 2018. During this time, commercial vehicles will not be permitted in the downtown / Inner Harbor areas of the city, except for local deliveries. Please note that tanker trailers will not be permitted downtown during this time, including those for local deliveries. This commercial vehicle restriction excludes cabs, buses and other mass transportation vehicles.
Motorists should pay strict attention to the restrictions and road/lane closures in effect. Commercial vehicle restrictions, along with all parking restrictions will be strictly enforced.
The following streets will be affected by the temporary commercial vehicle restrictions:
- Fayette Street from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard (MLK) to President Street (no commercial vehicles will be allowed to travel on or south of Fayette Street)
- President Street from Aliceanna to Fayette Streets (no commercial vehicles will be allowed to travel on or west of President Street)
- Light Street from Pratt Street to Key Highway
- Key Highway from Light to McComas Streets
- Hanover Street from McComas to Montgomery Streets (no commercial vehicles will be allowed on or north of McComas Street, including Hanover Street)
- Pratt and Lombard Streets from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to President Street
- I-395 at the Martin Luther King, Jr. split to Pratt Street (no commercial vehicles will be permitted on I-395)
The following streets will be closed from 10:30 p.m. December 31, 2017 until event ending:
- Pratt Street will be closed at Charles Street – Pratt Street traffic will be diverted onto northbound Charles Street to continue east on Baltimore Street.
- Lombard Street will be closed at President Street – Westbound Lombard Street traffic will be diverted north at President Street to continue west on Fayette Street.
The following streets will be closed from 11:00 p.m. December 31, 2017 until event ending Southbound Light Street at Lombard Street
- Southbound Light Street traffic will be diverted onto Lombard Street to continue south on Sharp Street.
- Northbound I-395 traffic at Conway Street will be detoured north on Howard Street. No access will be allowed onto eastbound Conway Street.
- Northbound Light Street at Lee Street – Northbound Light Street traffic will be diverted onto Lee Street to continue north on Charles Street.
The following lane closures will be implemented on Sunday, December 31, 2017 from 6:00 pm until 3:00 am for Emergency Vehicle Use Only
- Southside of Pratt Street from Green Street to President Street
- Northside of Lombard Street from President Street to Green Street
- Westside of Charles Street from Conway Street to Fayette Street
Westside of Light Street from Fayette Street to Conway Street
Parking will be Restricted from 6:00pm on Sunday, December 31, 2017 until 3:00 am on Monday, January 1st 2018 at the following locations:
- Both sides of Gay Street from Pratt Street to Fayette Street
- Both sides of Calvert Street from Pratt Street to Fayette Street
- Both sides of Baltimore Street from Charles Street to Gay Street
- Southside of Key Highway from Light Street to William Street
Due to the large number of people expected in the downtown area for new year’s festivities, patrons attending the events are strongly encouraged to use public transportation including mass transit, the Light Rail, metro subway and the Charm City Circulator.
Patrons who wish to drive downtown should park at commercial parking facilities and avoid area neighborhoods. Motorists should exercise patience and be on the watch for pedestrians while driving downtown, especially when approaching area crosswalks.