Welcome to Transportation
Status of Baltimore City Department of Transportation Services
Letter to Charm City Circulator and Harbor Connector Riders Regarding COVID-19
(March 16, 2020)
Dear Charm City Circulator (CCC) and Harbor Connector (HC) Riders,
Public safety is DOT’s top priority for our transit users. With the COVID-19 public health crisis, we want to share the following actions that are being taken to prevent the spread of the virus on our transit vehicles.
While we continue to routinely clean the CCC busses and HC vessels at the end of every day, we have increased our cleaning efforts to include mid-day cleanings for every vehicle and vessel in operation. These cleanings include disinfecting all passenger touch-point locations such as seats, windows, hand rails etc.
At this time, both CCC and HC schedules will remain the same, but are subject to change in this rapidly evolving situation. Given the nature of the virus, it is critical that all persons consider the following when out in public areas:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue into the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical attention.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
The Department of Transportation recognizes the essential nature of our CCC and HC services, and will work diligently to keep our vehicles clean and safe during this time. All information on CCC and HC services can be found at https://www.charmcitycirculator.com/.