Motorists Are Advised to Pay Close Attention to Posted Parking Restrictions for the Baltimore Running Festival This Saturday
Friday Oct 18th, 2019
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to remind residents and visitors that various parking restrictions will be implemented throughout the city this Saturday for the Baltimore Running Festival.
The19th annual Baltimore Running Festival will be held on Saturday, October 19, 2019 and approximately 20,000 people are expected to participate. In preparation for this event, parking will be restricted on numerous roadways along the 26.2 mile course starting as early as 12:00 a.m. on race day.
Parking restriction signs have been posted for this event and motorists should pay close attention to the posted parking restrictions, as vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Motorists with questions concerning the location of their vehicles should call 311.
In preparation for the Baltimore Running Festival, the following parking restrictions will be implemented on Saturday, October 19, 2019:
- Linwood Avenue from Eastern Avenue to Fayette Street 12:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Eastern Avenue (north side) from Linwood to Patterson Park Avenues 12:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Boston Street (north side) from Aliceanna Street to Lakewood Avenue 2:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Lancaster Street from President to Exeter Streets 2:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- E. 33rd Street from Hillen Road to Guilford Avenue 2:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Maryland Avenue/Cathedral Street/Liberty Street/Hopkins Street/Sharp Street from W. 29th to Pratt Streets 2:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- W. 28th Street from Fox to Howard Streets 2:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Camden Street from Eutaw to Paca Streets 2:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Baltimore Street (south side) from President Street to Patterson Park Avenue 2:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Key Highway from Light to Lawrence Streets 2:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Fayette Street (south side) from Gay to Calvert Streets 2:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Hillen Road from E. 33rd Street to Mervo entrance 2:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
In order to assist residents and visitors on race day, an interactive road closure map has been created. This user-friendly map can be used to see when city neighborhoods will be affected by the races throughout the day, and also includes the parking restrictions for this event. The map can be found at: transportation.baltimorecity.gov/BaltimoreMarathon2019Map.