Weekend Road Closures for June 24, 2016
Thursday Jun 23rd, 2016
Baltimore Women’s Classic 5K
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the traffic modifications which will be in effect for the Baltimore Women’s Classic 5K Footrace. The race will be held on Sunday, June 26, 2016 starting at 8:00 a.m.
The footrace will begin and end at Rash Field. During the event, one lane of travel will be coned off for participants along the race route wherever possible. Motorists should be advised that temporary traffic stops may be implemented during the race for the safety of participants. Commuters traveling in these areas should be on the watch for pedestrians and are encouraged to use alternate routes.
Baltimore Women’s Classic Turn by Turn Directions:
• Start at Key Highway and Battery Street
• Head east on Key Highway
• Turn right on Jackson Street
• Make right on Fort Avenue
• Turn right on Race Street
• Make left on W. Ostend Street
• Turn right on Leadenhall Street
• Make right on W. Hamburg Street
• Turn left on S. Charles Street
• Make right on Henrietta Street
• Right on Light Street and then immediate left on Warren Avenue
• Left on William Street
• Right on Key Highway
• Left on Valencia Court to the Harbor Promenade
• Follow Promenade past the Rusty Scupper to finish at Rash Field
This weekend, a portion of Linwood Avenue will be closed for the annual LatinoFest. The festival will be held in Patterson Park on Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, 2016.
In preparation for the event, Linwood Avenue will be closed to through traffic between Eastern Avenue and Pratt Street on Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to approximately 10:00 p.m. each day. Parking will also be restricted in this area during these times.
Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be on the watch for pedestrians and are encouraged to use alternate routes.
Baltimore City Department of Transportation:
“Keeping Baltimore Moving Safely”