Traffic Modifications in Locust Point for Fleet Week Activities
Wednesday Oct 12th, 2016
A Portion of Fort Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic Saturday and Sunday
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the traffic modifications in effect in Locust Point for Fleet Week activities. Fleet Week events will be held October 10-16, 2016 along the waterfront at the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Canton and Locust Point which will draw large numbers of visitors to Baltimore.
In addition to Fleet Week events, the Baltimore Running Festival will be held on Saturday, October 15, 2016 which begins and ends in the vicinity of Camden Yards. The first race kicks off at 7:30 a.m. and temporary traffic stops will be implemented along the race route while runners proceed through the course.
Traffic volumes will be heavy in the downtown area and citizens attending Fleet Week activities are strongly encouraged to use public transportation such as the Metro Subway, MARC Train, Light Rail, Water Taxi and Charm City Circulator. Citizens should be advised that Charm City Circulator operations will be delayed on Saturday due to the marathon with service beginning at 1:00 p.m.
There will be very limited public parking in Locust Point this weekend, so spectators who are planning a visit should park in downtown garages or commercial lots and use public transportation or walk to the festivities. Parking in local neighborhoods and Residential Parking Permit (RPP) areas should be avoided at all times. Posted parking restrictions will be strictly enforced during the festivities and vehicles parked in violation may be ticketed and towed.
Visitors planning a trip to Ft. McHenry should be advised that there will be no vehicular access or parking on fort grounds on Saturday and Sunday. Fort Avenue will be closed to through traffic at Andre Street and visitors will have to walk at least a half mile from the closure point to the fort entrance.
In preparation for weekend Fleet Week events, the following road closures and parking restrictions will be implemented in Locust Point:
- Fort Avenue east of Andre Street will be closed on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. each day.
- Parking restrictions will be in effect along the north side of Fort Avenue between Towson Street and Fort McHenry starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 15 through 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 16.
- Parking restrictions will be in effect along the south side of Fort Avenue between Hull Street and Fort McHenry starting at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 15 through 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 16.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented along Andre Street between McComas Street and Fort Avenue from 6:00 a.m. on Friday, October 14 through 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 16, 2016.
- All public parking and vehicular access will be restricted in Fort McHenry Saturday and Sunday.
For additional information visit www.baltimorecity.gov or follow the Baltimore City Department of Transportation on Facebook and Twitter at @bmoreCityDOT.
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation:
“Keeping Baltimore Moving Safely”