Traffic Modifications for the Inauguration Ceremony of Mayor-elect Catherine Pugh
Friday Dec 2nd, 2016
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the temporary street closures and parking restrictions in effect for the Inauguration Ceremony of Mayor-elect Catherine Pugh. The ceremony will be held at City Hall on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 beginning at 11:00 a.m.
In preparation for the event, the following streets will be closed to through traffic on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 with detours and parking restrictions in effect:
Street Closures from 6:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Lexington Street from Guilford Avenue to Frederick Street (event checkpoint*)
- Holliday Street from Saratoga to Lexington Streets (event checkpoint*)
- Dickey Place closed at Holliday Street
Street Closures from 9:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Fayette Street exit ramp from I-83 southbound
- Fayette Street from President Street to Guilford Avenue – vehicles traveling westbound on Fayette Street will detour left or right onto President Street
- Gay Street from Baltimore to Saratoga Streets (event checkpoint*) – vehicles traveling northbound on Gay Street will detour right onto Baltimore Street except those authorized to pass through checkpoint
- Holliday Street from Baltimore to Fayette Streets
- Frederick Street from Lexington Street to Fayette Street
*Those who are attending the inauguration and monthly parking members of the 510 E. Lexington Street garage will be permitted to pass through the event checkpoints until 10:45a.m., at which point the checkpoints will close to all traffic.
In addition to the street closures listed above, parking restrictions will be implemented along roadways in the immediate vicinity of City Hall. Citizens should adhere to all posted parking restrictions. Motorists traveling in this vicinity may encounter delays and are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes.
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation:
“Keeping Baltimore Moving Safely”