Traffic Modifications for the Baltimore 10-Miler
Thursday Jun 1st, 2017
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the traffic modifications which will be in effect for the Baltimore 10-Miler Footrace. The race will be held on Saturday, June 3, 2017 starting at 7:30 a.m.
The event will begin and end at Druid Hill Park with approximately 5,000 runners expected to participate. During the race, one lane of travel will be coned off for participants along the race route wherever possible.
Motorists should be advised that temporary traffic stops may be implemented along the race route for the safety of participants. Commuters traveling in these areas should be on the watch for pedestrians and are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes.
Baltimore 10-Miler Course Route/Turn by Turn Directions:
- Start on Hanlon Drive, east of Swann Drive
- Veer left on Hanlon, then right on East Drive and pass the pool; road becomes Wyman Park Drive.
- Continue on Wyman Park Dr., crossing over Sisson St/Keswick Rd, and over Remington Dr.
- Veer right at San Martin Drive, continuing on Wyman Park.
- Turn right, using turn lane, onto Art Museum Drive (which becomes Howard Street)
- Turn left onto 28th Street
- Go approximately seven blocks, then turn left onto Greenmount Avenue (move to right-hand lane)
- Make slight right onto Old York Road (fourth road on the right) and go two blocks to E. 33rd Street.
- Turn right onto 33rd Street, and follow it out to Lake Montebello.
- Circle counterclockwise around Lake Montebello, then exit back out onto 33rd Street.
- At the first light, turn right onto The Alameda.
- At the 36h Street turn around and go south on The Alameda back to 33rd Street.
- Turn right onto 33rd Street, and follow it back to Greenmount.
- Turn left onto Greenmount, and follow it to 28th Street.
- Turn right onto 28th Street
- Turn Left onto Wyman Park Drive.
- Follow Wyman Park Drive back to Druid Hill Park, going past the pool and veering left on East Drive.
- At the top of the hill, veer right onto Hanlon.
- Turn right onto Red Road (stay in right-hand lane until past Safety City)
- Turn left onto Shop Road.
- Stay to the left around Safety City on Grove Road and Cut Off Drive.
- Turn right onto Red Road, then right onto Hanlon.
- Finish on Hanlon, before the intersection with Swann Drive.
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation:
“Keeping Baltimore Moving Safely”