Traffic Modifications for the Baltimore Pride Parade and Block Party
Wednesday Jun 14th, 2017
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the traffic modifications that will be in effect for the annual Pride Parade and Block Party which will be held on Saturday, June 17, 2017.
The parade kicks off from the intersection of Charles and Eager Streets beginning at 2:00 p.m. Participants will proceed north on Charles Street to end at 22nd Street.
In preparation for the parade, the following streets will be closed to through traffic on Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to approximately 4:00 p.m. (until clear):
- Charles Street between Madison and Eager Streets
- Read Street between Cathedral and St. Paul Streets
- Eager Street between Cathedral and St. Paul Streets
- North Avenue between Maryland Avenue and St. Paul Street (12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
The remainder of the parade route will close at 1:45 for the start of the event. Please note that the access ramp to the northbound Jones Falls Expressway from Charles Street will also be closed during the parade. Motorists should be advised that temporary traffic stops will be implemented during this time for the safety of parade participants.
In addition to the parade, the Baltimore Pride Block Party will also be held on Saturday. In preparation for the event, the following streets will be closed to through traffic starting at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 17, 2017 through 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 18, 2017:
- N. Charles Street between North Avenue and 23rd Street
- 20th Street between Maryland Avenue and St. Paul Street
- 21st Street between Maryland Avenue and St. Paul Street
- 22nd Street between Maryland Avenue and St. Paul Street
Parking will also be restricted in these areas during these times. Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be on the watch for pedestrians and are encouraged to use alternate routes.
Baltimore City Department of Transportation:
“Keeping Baltimore Moving Safely”