Weekend Road Closures for March 09, 2018
Friday Mar 9th, 2018
Traffic Modifications for the St. Patrick Parade and Shamrock 5K
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the traffic modifications that will be in effect for the Shamrock 5k and St. Patrick Parade. The events will be held on Sunday, March 11, 2018.
The Shamrock 5K kicks off at 1:15 p.m. from the intersection of Charles and Mulberry Streets. The race proceeds south on Charles, left on Conway, right on Light Street and left on Key Highway to the turnaround point at Jackson Street. Runners will continue west on Key Highway, right on Light Street, right on Pratt Street, then left on Market Place to finish.
During the race, a designated travel lane will be highlighted with cones for the race participants along the course route. In addition, two right lanes will be closed on E. Lombard Street from President Street to Market Place and Key Highway will be closed to through traffic at Lawrence Street for the duration of the 5k (access for local traffic will be maintained).
The St. Patrick Parade will kick off at 2:00 p.m. from the intersection of N. Charles Street and Centre Street. Participants will proceed south on Charles Street, east on Pratt Street and north on Market Place to disband.
Parade participants will begin forming at approximately 11:30 a.m. in the vicinity of the Washington Monument. The parade should last about three hours and periodic breaks in the procession will allow vehicular traffic and pedestrians to proceed across the parade route.
The following streets will be closed during the parade and footrace:
- 11:00 a.m. – Market Place from Pratt to Water Streets
- 11:00 a.m. – N. Charles Street from Centre to Madison Streets
- 11:00 a.m. – Mt. Vernon Place from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets
- 11:00 a.m. – Centre Street from Cathedral to St. Paul Streets
- 12:00 p.m. – N. Charles Street from Fayette to Centre Streets
- 1:00 p.m. – Charles Street from Conway Street to Fayette Streets
- 1:45 p.m. – Pratt Street from Howard Street to President Streets
The following parking restrictions will be in effect along the parade and race routes from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
- Mt. Vernon Place – Cathedral to St. Paul Streets
- Centre Street – Cathedral to St. Paul Streets
- Charles Street – Conway to Read Streets
- North side of Pratt Street – Gay to President Streets
- Market Place – Pratt to Water Streets
- South side of Key Highway – Battery Ave to Covington Street
Daisy Dash Walk/Run
This Saturday, temporary lane closures will be implemented for the Daisy Dash Walk/Run. The event kicks off at 9:00 a.m. and will be held on the grounds of the Seton Business Park.
In preparation for the event, temporary lane closures will be implemented on Saturday, March 10, 2018 along Metro and Seton Drives during the race. Motorists traveling in this vicinity are encouraged to watch for changing traffic patterns and should expect delays.
I-295 Lane Closures
This Sunday, temporary lane closures will be implemented along I-295 for roadway maintenance work.
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 temporary lane closures will be implemented along northbound and southbound I-295 between Bush Street and the county line from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be on the watch for changing traffic patterns during this time.