Traffic Modifications for the Columbus Day Parade
Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2018
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the street closures and parking restrictions in effect for the Columbus Day Parade which will be held on Sunday, October 07, 2018.
The parade will step from Parking Lot C at Oriole Park at Camden Yards beginning at 1:00 p.m. The parade will kick off from the stadium complex and proceed north on Howard Street, east on Pratt Street, and south on Exeter Street to the reviewing stand at St. Leo’s Church in Little Italy. During the parade, road closures will be implemented in the downtown area for several hours, so citizens planning on attending downtown festivities on Sunday, October 07 should arrive early before the parade begins.
In preparation for the parade, the following streets will be closed to through traffic on Sunday, October 07, 2018:
- North & southbound Howard Street between Conway and Pratt Streets from approximately 12:45pm to 2:30pm
- Southbound Howard Street between Lombard and Pratt Streets from approximately 12:45pm until 2:30pm
- Pratt Street between Howard and Exeter Streets from approximately 12:45 pm to 3:00 pm
- Exeter Street between Pratt and Bank Streets from approximately 12:45pm to 3:30pm
- Stiles Street between High and Exeter Streets from approximately 12:45pm to 3:30pm
- High Street between Trinity and Stiles Streets from approximately 12:45pm to 3:30pm
Commuters should be advised that temporary traffic stops will be implemented along the parade route for the safety of participants. Roadways will be reopened to vehicular traffic once the parade passes. Motorists traveling in this vicinity are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes to avoid congestion and delays.
Throughout the event, Transportation Enforcement Officers along with the Baltimore City Police will be working to assist with the movement of traffic.