Weekend Road Closures for May 31, 2019
Thursday May 30th, 2019
Traffic Modifications for the Baltimore 10-Miler
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the traffic modifications that will be in effect for the Baltimore 10-Miler Footrace. The race will be held on Saturday, June 01, 2019 and will kick off in Druid Hill Park starting at 7:30 a.m. Approximately 5,000 runners are expected to participate.
During the race, one lane of travel will be coned off for participants along the race route wherever possible. Motorists should be advised that temporary traffic stops may be implemented during the event for the safety of participants. Commuters traveling in these areas listed below should be on the watch for pedestrians and are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes.
Baltimore 10-Miler Course Route/Turn by Turn Directions:
- Start on East Drive, east of Swann Drive
- Continue on East Drive and pass the pool; road becomes Wyman Park Drive.
- Continue on Wyman Park Drive, crossing over Sisson Street/Keswick Road, and over Remington Drive.
- Veer right at San Martin Drive, continuing on Wyman Park.
- Turn right onto Art Museum Drive (which becomes Howard Street).
- Turn left onto E. 28th Street.
- Go approximately seven blocks, then turn left onto Greenmount Avenue.
- Make a slight right onto Old York Road.
- Turn right onto 33rd Street, and follow it to Lake Montebello.
- Circle counterclockwise around Lake Montebello, then exit back out onto 33rd Street.
- At the first light, turn right onto The Alameda.
- At 35th Street, turn around and go south on The Alameda back to 33rd Street.
- Turn right onto 33rd Street, and follow it back to Greenmount.
- Turn left onto Greenmount, and follow it to 28th Street.
- Turn right onto 28th Street.
- Turn left onto Wyman Park Drive.
- Follow Wyman Park Drive back to Druid Hill Park, going past the pool and veering left on East Drive.
- Turn right onto Red Road.
- Turn left onto Shop Road.
- Stay to the left around Safety City on Grove Road and Cut Off Drive.
- Turn right onto Red Road, then right onto East Drive.
- Finish on East Drive, before the intersection with Swann Drive.
Traffic Modifications for A Taste of Three Cities
This Saturday, a portion of Linwood Avenue will be temporarily closed for the Taste of Three Cities. The event will be held in Patterson Park on Saturday, June 01, 2019 starting at 11:00 a.m.
In preparation for the event, Linwood Avenue will be closed to through traffic between Eastern Avenue and Pratt Street on Saturday, June 01, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. with parking restrictions in effect.
Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be on the watch for pedestrians and are encouraged to use alternate routes.