REVISED: Portion of the Southbound Jones Falls Expressway to Temporarily Close Saturday Afternoon
Friday Jun 5th, 2020
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists that a portion of the southbound Jones Falls Expressway (JFX) will temporarily close on Saturday afternoon for downtown activities.
Starting at approximately 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 6, 2020 the southbound Jones Falls Expressway will be closed to through traffic between St. Paul Street and Fayette Street with detours in effect. All drivers utilizing the southbound Jones Falls Expressway on Saturday should exit the JFX prior to St. Paul Street to avoid traffic congestion and delays. This portion of the expressway will be reopened on Saturday afternoon/evening as soon as downtown activities conclude.
In addition, the following roadways will also be closed on Saturday, June 6, 2020 starting at 12:00 noon:
- President Street at Fayette Street (west side of intersection)
- Gay Street at Water Street (stopping northbound traffic)
- Commerce/Holliday Street at Water Street (stopping northbound traffic)
- Baltimore Street at Guilford/South Street (stopping eastbound traffic)
- Lexington Street at Calvert Street (stopping eastbound traffic)
- Saratoga Street at Guilford Avenue (stopping southbound traffic)
- Saratoga Street at Holliday Street (stopping southbound traffic)
Motorists traveling in these areas should be on the watch for changing traffic patterns and are encouraged to use alternate routes.