Weekend Road Closures for December 31, 2021 – January 2, 2022
Thursday Dec 30th, 2021
New Year’s Eve Road Closures and Parking Restrictions in Fell’s Point
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists that temporary road closures and parking restrictions will be implemented in Fell’s Point for New Year’s Eve festivities.
Starting at approximately 7:00 p.m. on Friday, December 31, 2021 the following roadways will be closed to through traffic in Fell’s Point:
- Southbound Broadway closed between Eastern Avenue and Lancaster Streets
- Shakespeare Street closed between Broadway and Bond Street
- Thames Street closed between Bond and Ann Streets
- Lancaster Street closed between Caroline and Ann Streets
- Regester Street closed between Lancaster and Aliceanna Streets
- Bethel Street closed between Shakespeare and Aliceanna Streets
These road closures are expected to remain in effect until approximately 3:00 a.m. on January 1, 2022.
Various parking restrictions will also be implemented in Fell’s Point throughout the weekend. Visitors and residents should pay close attention to all posted parking restrictions and avoid parking in restricted areas. Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced for everyone’s safety. Residents with ‘Area 16’ Residential Parking Permits will be allowed to access areas closed to through traffic, and rideshare vehicles such as Uber and Lyft may drop off and pick up passengers at the intersection of Thames and Bond Streets.
Motorists should be aware that additional road closures and parking restrictions may be implemented in the vicinity of Fell’s Point throughout the weekend if needed.
Traffic Modifications for Sunday’s Ravens Game at M&T Bank Stadium
On Sunday, traffic modifications will be implemented for the Baltimore Ravens football game against the Los Angeles Rams which will be held at M&T Bank Stadium beginning at 1:00 p.m.
In preparation for the game, the following roadways will be closed to through traffic at approximately 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 2, 2022:
- Northbound Russell Street Service Drive (which runs alongside M&T Bank Stadium) between West and W. Hamburg Streets
- W. Ostend Street Bridge between Warner and Sharp Streets
- W. Hamburg Street between Russell and Leadenhall Streets
- Hamburg Street west of Russell Street
In addition, various parking restrictions will be implemented in the vicinity of the stadium. Fans attending the game should be advised that all posted parking restrictions and residential permit parking regulations will be strictly enforced for everyone’s safety. Patrons choosing to drive to the stadium should park at commercial lots and avoid area neighborhoods. Vehicles parked in violation are subject to being ticketed and towed. Fans that do not have a parking permit for any of the stadium lots are strongly encouraged to use public transportation including the Metro SubwayLink, Light RailLink or the Charm City Circulator.
Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be on the watch for heavy pedestrian/vehicular traffic and are encouraged to use alternate routes to avoid delays.