Traffic Modifications for the Moonrise Festival at Pimlico Race Course
Thursday Aug 4th, 2022
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists that temporary traffic modifications will be implemented for the Moonrise Festival which will be held on Saturday, August 6 and Sunday, August 7, 2022 at Pimlico Race Course.
In preparation for the event, the following road closures and special traffic patterns will be implemented starting as early as Thursday evening:
Thursday, August 4, 2022 starting at 6:00 p.m. through Monday, August 8, 2022 at 6:00 a.m.:
- Rogers Avenue – Closed from Winner Avenue to W. Northern Parkway
- Bland Avenue – Closed from W. Northern Parkway to Rogers Avenue
- Key Avenue – Closed from W. Northern Parkway to Rogers Avenue
- Woodcrest Avenue – Closed from W. Northern Parkway to Rogers Avenue
- Merville Avenue – Closed from W. Northern Parkway to Rogers Avenue
- Stuart Avenue – Closed from W. Northern Parkway to Rogers Avenue
Saturday, August 6, 2022 starting at 10:00 a.m. through Monday, August 8, 2022 at 2:00 a.m.:
- Rogers Avenue – One-way traffic westbound from Winner Avenue to Park Heights Avenue
- Winner Avenue – One-way traffic northbound from Hayward Avenue to W. Northern Parkway
- Hayward Avenue – One-way traffic eastbound from Park Heights Avenue to Winner Avenue
- Eastbound Northern Parkway right lane closure from Winner Avenue to Pimlico Road
- Pimlico Road will be restricted to properly credentialed staff from Belvedere Avenue to Northern Parkway
Saturday, August 6 and Sunday, August 7, 2022 from 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 a.m. each day:
- Southbound Jones Falls Expressway exit ramp to eastbound W. Northern Parkway will be closed. Motorists will be redirected to the Cold Spring Lane exits.
- Cylburn Avenue – Closed from W. Northern Parkway to Greenspring Avenue
Saturday, August 6 and Sunday, August 7, 2022 from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. each day:
- Pimlico Road – Closed from W. Northern Parkway to Ken Oak Avenue
Patrons attending the festival are strongly urged to carpool or use public transportation. Motorists that choose to drive to Pimlico Race Course should park at commercial lots and avoid parking in area neighborhoods. All posted parking restrictions will be strictly enforced and vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed.
Vehicles that are relocated during the event will be taken to Cylburn Avenue just south of Northern Parkway. Motorists with questions concerning the location of their vehicle should call 311.
Motorists traveling in northwest Baltimore this weekend may experience delays throughout the day/night and should be on the watch for pedestrians and changing traffic patterns while driving.