Traffic Modifications for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade
Thursday Jan 12th, 2023
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the street closures and parking restrictions in effect for the annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade. The parade will be held on Monday, January 16, 2023 beginning at 12:00 noon.
The parade will step off at the intersection of Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Eutaw Street. Participants will proceed south along Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and then west (right) on Baltimore Street to disband between Fremont Avenue and Poppleton Street.
In preparation for the event, the following streets will be closed to through traffic on Monday, January 16, 2023 with detours in effect and parking prohibited:
- W. Franklin Street between Greene Street and Fremont Avenue - 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Access to westbound Route 40 will be maintained.
- Eutaw Street between Dolphin Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard - 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Preston Street between Madison Avenue and Howard Street - 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Madison Avenue between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Preston Street - 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- W. Baltimore Street between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Poppleton Street - 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fremont Avenue between W. Baltimore Street and W. Fayette Street - 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Southbound Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard between Eutaw and Lombard Streets -10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The left lane of northbound Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard between Lombard and Eutaw Streets (next to median) - 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Pennsylvania Avenue between W. Preston Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard - 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The following parking restrictions will be implemented on Monday, January 16, 2023 from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
- Eutaw Street from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to Dolphin Street
- Madison Avenue from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to Preston Street
- W. Preston Street from Madison Avenue to Eutaw Street
- W. Baltimore Street from Fremont Avenue to Poppleton Street
- Fremont Avenue from W. Baltimore Street to W. Fayette Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue from Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard to Preston Street (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Citizens attending the parade are encouraged to arrive early and use public parking facilities in the surrounding areas. All posted parking restrictions will be strictly enforced and vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed.
Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be advised that temporary traffic stops will be implemented during the event for the safety of parade participants. Motorists should expect delays and are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes.
Charm City Circulator Service Alert
On Monday, January 16, 2023, the Charm City Circulator (CCC) will be operating during regular service hours with a detour implemented along the Orange Route from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. because of the parade.
During this time, the Orange Route will bypass Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and continue west on Lombard Street, right on Poppleton Street, left on Baltimore Street, left Arlington Street and left onto Pratt Street (bypassing eastbound Baltimore Street and southbound Greene Street). Stops affected during the detour include 209, 213, 214, 215, 216, and 217. Patrons are encouraged to use CCC stops along Lombard and Pratt Streets while the detour is in effect.