Portion of Falls Road to Close for Utility Work
Friday Jan 13th, 2023
Falls Road between Clipper Mill Road and Chestnut Avenue will close on Tuesday, January 17th; Motorists are urged to plan ahead and use alternate routes
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists that a portion of Falls Road will soon close for utility work. The city’s Department of Public Works will be performing utility work and the roadway will need to be closed while repairs are being made.
Starting on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at approximately 9:00 a.m., Falls Road will be closed to through traffic between Clipper Mill Road and Chestnut Avenue with detours in effect, weather permitting. This closure is expected to remain in effect for approximately 3 weeks while repairs are being made.
Variable message signs have been placed in the area to alert motorists of the closure. Local access will be maintained for area businesses, and the Jones Falls Trail will remain open and accessible during the closure. Motorists are strongly encouraged to plan ahead for the closure and use alternate routes away from the affected area.
- Motorists traveling south on Falls Road near 36th street should detour onto I-83 South to the North Avenue exit, then east (left) on North Avenue, south (right) on Maryland Avenue, and east (right) on Lafayette Avenue to access the southern end of Falls Road.
- Motorists traveling southeast on Clipper Mill Road will be detoured north (left) to northbound Falls Road, then U-turn to access I-83 South.
- Motorists traveling south on Roland Avenue will be detoured north (right) to northbound Falls Road, then U-turn to access I-83 South.
- Motorists traveling north on Falls Road from Lafayette/Maryland Avenues in order to access points north of Chestnut Avenue will be detoured to southbound Maryland Avenue, east (left) on Mt. Royal Avenue, north (left) on Charles Street, and west (left) onto I-83 North to get back to Falls Road.
- Motorists traveling north on Falls Road from Lafayette/Maryland Avenues to access local businesses south of Chestnut Avenue do not need to detour, as local access will be maintained.