Revised: Traffic Modifications for the Baltimore Orioles Opening Day Home Game
Wednesday Apr 5th, 2023
Home opening game will now be held on Friday, April 7th
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the traffic and parking modifications that will be implemented for opening day at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The Baltimore Orioles will play their home opening game against the New York Yankees on Friday, April 7, 2023 starting at 3:05 p.m.
Motorists should be advised that all parking restrictions and residential permit parking regulations will be strictly enforced in the vicinity of the stadium. Patrons who do not have a parking permit for any of the stadium lots are strongly encouraged to use public transportation. With a variety of transit options including the Metro Subway, Light Rail, Park and Ride express bus services, and the Charm City Circulator, fans can easily use mass transit from numerous locations in and around Baltimore.
Baseball fans that drive to the game should utilize commercial parking facilities north of the stadium and avoid parking in area neighborhoods. Transportation Enforcement Officers will enforce all posted parking restrictions and residential permit parking regulations in the vicinity of the stadium. Vehicles parked in violation will be ticketed and towed. Patrons with questions concerning the location of their vehicles should call 311.
In preparation for the game, the following streets and lanes will be closed on Friday, April 7, 2023:
- Eutaw Street from Pratt to Camden Streets (closure starts at 1:00 p.m.)
- Camden Street from Howard to Russell Streets (closure starts at 1:00 p.m.)
- Hamburg Street from Russell to Leadenhall Streets (closure starts at 1:00 p.m.)
- Washington Boulevard from Paca to Greene Streets (closure starts at 10:00 a.m.)
- Emory Street from Dover to Portland Streets (closed 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Portland Street from Emory to Greene Streets (closed 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.)
- Hopkins Place from Pratt Street to Lombard Street (closed 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Left lane closure of Russell Street from Eislen to Pratt Street (lane closure 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
In addition, the following parking restrictions will be implemented on Friday, April 7, 2023 beginning at 10:00 a.m.:
- East side of Greene Street from Lombard Street to Washington Boulevard
- East side of Eutaw Street from Pratt to Lombard Streets
- North side of Conway Street from Charles to Sharp Streets
Transportation Enforcement Officers will be stationed at key intersections to assist with the movement of traffic in the downtown area. Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be on the watch for pedestrians, especially when approaching designated crosswalks.