Weekend Road Closures for Friday, January 26, Through Sunday, January 28, 2024
Friday Jan 26th, 2024
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the temporary road closures and traffic modifications for the following activities this weekend. Please download the Waze.com app for live detour navigation. All activities are weather permitting and BCDOT is not responsible for providing status updates.
Traffic Modifications for the Baltimore Ravens AFC Championship Game at M&T Bank Stadium
On Sunday, traffic modifications will be implemented for the Baltimore Ravens AFC Championship game against the Kansas City Chiefs which will be held at M&T Bank Stadium starting at 3:00 p.m.
In preparation for the game, the northbound Russell Street Service Drive, which runs alongside M&T Bank Stadium, will be closed to vehicular traffic between West and Hamburg Streets prior to and during the event.
In addition, the following road closures will be implemented on Sunday, January 28, 2024 from approximately 12:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.:
- Hamburg Street between Leadenhall and Paca Streets
- Warner Street between Ostend and Worcester Streets
- Ostend Street between Sharp and Warner Streets
- Bayard Street between Russell and Warner Street
Football fans attending the game should be advised that all posted parking restrictions and residential permit parking regulations in the vicinity of the stadium will be strictly enforced for everyone’s safety. Patrons choosing to drive to the stadium should park at commercial lots and avoid area neighborhoods. Fans that do not have a parking permit for any of the stadium lots are strongly encouraged to use public transportation including the Charm City Circulator.
Transportation Enforcement Officers will be deployed to assist with the movement of traffic in the downtown area. Motorists traveling in the vicinity of the stadium should be on the watch for heavy pedestrian/vehicular traffic and possible traffic pattern changes.
Traffic Modifications for Weekend Activities
This weekend, temporary lane and road closures will be in effect for various activities including graffiti removal, street lighting repairs, crane operations and special events.
On Saturday, January 27, 2024, the following lane and road closures will be implemented (times approximate):
- Southbound Jones Falls Expressway/I-83 right lane closures from the city/county line to Coldspring Lane 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (graffiti removal).
- Northbound Jones Falls Expressway/I-83 right lane closures from Falls Road to Coldspring Lane 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (street lighting repairs).
- N. Lakewood Avenue closed from Orleans Street to Pulaski Highway 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (crane operation).
On Sunday, January 28, 2024, the following road closure will be implemented with detours and parking restrictions in effect (times approximate):
- Washington Boulevard closed between Dover Street and the driveway of the Hampton Inn 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (special event).
Motorists traveling in these vicinities should be on the watch for changing traffic patterns and are encouraged to use alternate routes.