2018 Youth Snow Program
Did you shovel snow last winter? Well, it’s probably because of the Baltimore City ordinance that requires residents to remove snow from the public sidewalks adjacent to their property.
This winter, join the Baltimore City Department of Transportation’s (BCDOT) Youth Snow Program as we work to assist residents who are elderly, legally disabled and physically incapable of shoveling their own snow.
If you are a student between the ages of 14 and 21 and would like to earn some money or Service Learning Hours towards graduation, then this program is for you. Participating students will be tasked with shoveling the public sidewalks adjacent to the properties of qualified City residents. BCDOT does not require Youth Snow Workers to shovel residents’ private property; however, the resident and participant are free to agree on terms for additional shoveling.
Each participant must….
- Possess or obtain a valid work permit
- Obtain parental consent
- Have stable contact information
- Have access to a smart phone
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have a 2.5 GPA (C Average) or better
- Have regular attendance in school
- Obtain a reference from a Community Leader (ex: church, Principal, Teacher, Elected Official, Business Owner, etc.)
For additional information please contact:
311 or 443-263-2220