Traffic Modifications for the Ray Lewis Parade
Thursday Sep 20th, 2018
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists of the road closures and parking restrictions that will be implemented for the Ray Lewis Parade. The event will be held on Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
The parade kicks off from the intersection of Light and Lee Street at 10:00 a.m. Participants will proceed north on Light Street, right on Pratt Street, left on Commerce Street, and straight onto Holliday Street to finish at War Memorial Plaza.
In preparation for the parade, the following streets will be closed to through traffic on Saturday, September 22, 2018 starting at approximately 8:30 a.m. with detours and parking restrictions in effect:
- Westbound Key Highway from Battery Avenue to Light Street
- Northbound Light Street from Key Highway to Lombard Street
- Eastbound Conway Street from Charles to Light Streets
- Pratt Street closed at Charles Street (access to southbound Light Street Only)
- Pratt Street from Light to Gay Streets
- Commerce Street from Pratt to Baltimore Streets
- Holliday Street from Baltimore to W. Fayette Streets
- W. Fayette Street from Gay to South Streets
- Holliday Street from Saratoga to Lexington Streets
- Lexington Street from Guilford Avenue to Gay Street
- Lane closures along Lombard Street from Gay to Commerce Streets (reduced to one lane of through traffic)
In addition to road closures, the following parking restrictions will also be implemented on Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
- Both sides of Commerce Street from Pratt to W. Baltimore Streets
- East side of Holliday Street from Baltimore to Fayette Streets
- South side of Fayette Street from Holliday to Gay Streets
- West side of Gay Street from Fayette to Lexington Streets
- Both sides of Holliday Street from Saratoga to Lexington Streets
- Both sides of Lexington Street from Guilford Avenue to Gay Street
During the parade, the following Commercial Vehicle Restrictions will be implemented:
- Key Highway at Lawrence Street
- Key Highway at Cross Street (restrictions will be in effect along Key Highway from Cross to Light Streets)
Commuters should be advised that temporary traffic stops may be implemented during the parade for the safety of participants. Department of Transportation Enforcement Officers and the Baltimore City Police will be stationed along the parade route to help facilitate the movement of traffic.
Motorists traveling in this vicinity should be on the watch for pedestrians and are encouraged to use alternate routes.