Heavy Traffic Expected Downtown for the CIAA Basketball Tournament
Friday Feb 17th, 2023
The Baltimore City Department of Transportation would like to advise motorists that heavy traffic conditions are expected in the downtown area next week for the CIAA Basketball Tournament being held at the CFG Bank Arena.
Heavy traffic is expected in the downtown area starting on Tuesday, February 21 through Saturday, February 25, 2023. Tournament games will be held throughout the week at various times each day, so motorists traveling downtown should plan for possible traffic congestion and delays.
In addition to heavy traffic conditions, the following lane closure will be implemented with parking restrictions in effect:
· Lane closure along southbound Hopkins Plaza in the vicinity of the CFG Arena starting at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 20 through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 26, 2023.
The following curb lane closures will be implemented on Monday, February 20th from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. with parking restrictions in effect:
· N. Calvert Street curb lane closure (east side) between E. Biddle Street and 1121A N. Calvert Street
· E. Biddle Street curb lane closure (south side) between N. Calvert Street and Hunter Street
The following lane and road closures will be implemented on Thursday, February 23 through Saturday, February 25, 2023 from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day:
· Light Street curb lane closure (west side) from Pratt Street to Sullivan’s Steakhouse.
· Light Street curb lane closure (east side) from Pratt Street to the T. Rowe Price Building.
· Park Avenue closure between Baltimore and Fayette Streets.
· S. Charles Street parking lane closure (west side) from Pratt to Lombard Streets
In addition, exclusive lanes will be designated for vehicles exiting area parking garages each evening of the event Tuesday, February 21 through Saturday, February 25, 2023 at approximately 7:00 p.m.:
· CFG Arena Garage on S. Howard Street north of W. Lombard Street
· W. Baltimore Street Garage between Howard Street and Park Avenue
Patrons attending the CIAA festivities are encouraged to use the city’s Charm City Circulator. The Orange route will take riders right to the CFG Bank Arena and buses on tournament days will run approximately every ten minutes. Best of all, this convenient service is free!