Traffic and Media Staging for Funeral of EMT/Firefighter Rodney W. Pitts, III
Friday Oct 27th, 2023
(Baltimore, Maryland) October 26, 2023 – The Baltimore City Fire Department honors the life and legacy of EMT/Firefighter Rodney W. Pitts, III. His funeral will take place on Friday, October 27, 2023 at 10 a.m. at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen, located at 5200 N. Charles Street. Following the funeral, EMT/Firefighter Pitts will be interred at Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens, located at 200 East Padonia Road.
As we mourn this hero’s passing, we are providing the following details for the public, the media, and Baltimore City fire departments.
• No heavy fire apparatus will be allowed at the funeral. No fire apparatus (beyond Baltimore City Fire Department) will be allowed in the procession. Please do not bring outside apparatus to the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen.
Road Closures (Subject to Change)
• North Charles Street closed from West Cold Spring Lane to Northern Parkway (expected 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
• West Northern Parkway closed from North Charles Street to I-83 following funeral (expect closures and delays between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.)
• Expect additional delays along the procession route (see below)
• East Padonia Road closed from I-83 to 200 East Padonia Road (expected closures and delays between 1 and 2 p.m.). Expect additional delays along York Road.
• East Padonia Road will be closed from Eastridge Road to Treherne Road between 1 and 3 p.m.
• Cathedral of Mary our Queen - 5200 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD
• North on N Charles St to W Northern Pkwy
• West on W Northern Pkwy to I-83 northbound (JFX)
• North on I-83 to I-695 Inner Loop
• East on I-695 Inner Loop to I-83 northbound
• North on I-83 northbound to Exit 17 (Padonia Rd)
• East on Padonia Rd
• Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens - 200 East Padonia Road, Timonium, MD
Media Staging and Parking
Media are asked to be respectful of the family’s privacy as they grieve the loss of their loved one. Please remain in the indicated media staging areas. No media is allowed inside the Cathedral.
Funeral (Oct. 27 at 10 a.m.): Media should park on Witherspoon Road. Stage in the grass south of the main walkway into the Cathedral of Mary our Queen.
Burial Site (Oct. 27 following the funeral): Media should park at Fox Hollow Golf Course. Stage in designated areas across the street (northwest) from the burial site.