Dockless Vehicles are small vehicles, such as scooter, bikes, and e-bikes, available for rent to get you where you need to go. “Dockless” Vehicles do not need to be parked in a bike rack or any other designated location (the dock). They are equipped with GPS technology and can be parked nearly anywhere- just remember to ride and park courteously!
Following the Dockless Vehicle Pilot, the passing of Council Bill 19-0324, and public comment period on Rules & Regulations, BCDOT is accepting applications for the permit active from August 1, 2019- July 31, 2020. The ordinance and permit rules are based on the evaluation of BCDOT's 6-month pilot program where private companies provided dockless scooters and bicycles for the public to rent.
After the application period, BCDOT will score applications in order to choose up to 4 dockless companies which will best meet the needs of Baltimore City. Selected companies will receive a yearlong permit, during which they must abide by the adopted Rules & Regulations. Along with this permit, BCDOT will launch increased support for the program, including safety education and infrastructure such as designated parking.
Department Of Transportation encourages all roadway users to be safe, obey all traffic laws, and share the road. With new forms of mobility on the road, be alert and courteous to other roadway users. Scooter and bicycle users should know the following laws:
- Users under 16 are required to wear helmets when riding
- Scooters and bicycles should not be ridden on sidewalks
- Scooters should be parked courteously- not blocking sidewalks, bus stops, driveways, or doorways. You may park it next to a bike rack, but allow space for bicycles to still use the rack.
To submit feedback, please call 311 or email [email protected] with “dockless” or “scooters” in the subject line. Please check back here for announcement of community events where you can submit feedback in person.
Permit Holders: August 1, 2020- July 31, 2020
- Contact: 1(844)505- 9155, [email protected]
- JUMP Public API: https://gbfs.uber.com/v1/baltb/free_bike_status.json
- Contact: 1 (888)‐LIME‐345, [email protected] , https://help.li.me/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Lime Access
- Lime API: Email [email protected] to request access
- Contact: 1(888)249-9698, [email protected], https://spinbikeshare.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Spin Access
- Spin API: Email [email protected] to request access
Bolt - Launching in September 2019
2019 Permit Information
- Appendix 1: Provider Pilot Agreements (Bird, Jump, Lime, Spin)
- Appendix 2: Dockless Vehicle Committee Work Plan
- Appendix 3: Community Survey Full Results
- Appendix 4: Dockless Vehicle Council Bill 19-0324